Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life is beautiful. Comics retailing is ugly.

Boy, I'm in a great mood. I watched Obama's inauguration speech yesterday and was extremely impressed with his eloquence. Even though he's the leader of another country, I'm really pleased that he's in office and it gives me hope for the future.

Wait, what? Diamond is once more restricting the number of independent titles that they'll sell to comic shops? Gee, last time that happened it forced SLG to wrap up Rex Libris. Well, nothing like that can happen to me again, right?

"Pitzer confirmed there would be no more Johnny Hiro comic books in the immediate future..."

NOOOOOooooooOOOOoooOoooOooOOoO!!!

Deep breath. Keep reading.

"...with some of the forthcoming material folded over into a planned trade. "People will be getting more Johnny Hiro, though. We have plans to release a collection in June, which collect issues #1-3, while adding 'issues' #4-5."

Whew.

No comments: