Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking ahead: comics in 2010 and beyond

I'm pleased that over the last decade I investigated a number of comics that were outside my usual sphere, including some of the high-regarded stories/series. On the verge of 2010, there are still a lot of books I haven't got around to yet that I hope to at some point.

Namely:

  • Black Jack
  • Bone
  • Grimjack
  • Heavy Liquid
  • 100%
  • John Ostrander's Spectre
  • Usagi Yojimbo

I'd also like to try something by Joe Sacco (but his works are expensive). I'm curious about DMZ too. I'm curious about From Hell, though I'm told it wouldn't be to my taste.

At some point I'd like to get back into Fables after leaving it five years ago. I keep intending to read more of Hellboy/BPRD too.

I'm hoping there will be more Beasts of Burden in the future. I'd also like to see Gemini wrap-up some day and if Fell could publish at least one issue per year I would be content.

Happy new year!

No comments: