Tuesday, January 16, 2018

All-New Iron Manual is back!

Another project from my Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe days has been re-released as a digital comic at Comixology. It's the All-New Iron Manual, which was released as part of 2008's celebration surrounding the first Iron Man movie.

At the time, I was overjoyed to receive brand-new artwork for the issue from two of my favourite creators - Carlo Pagulayan & Ron Lim. I also went to the OHOTMU legend Eliot R. Brown for a page about the technology in Iron Man's armor. I vividly recall my phone conversation with Brown where I explained Warren Ellis' science surrounding Extremis, only for Brown to angrily denounce it all as claptrap, but he offered suggestions for actual science on how to do what Ellis claimed it could do.

Comixology doesn't have my original solicitation text for the comic, so here it is:

These are the chronicles of Tony Stark: the playboy, the genius inventor, the philanthropist, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., the futurist, the hero. This Handbook is the definitive resource to the world of Iron Man, featuring Tony's closest allies (Happy and Pepper Hogan, War Machine, the Order) and deadliest foes (Justin Hammer, Mandarin, Obadiah Stane)! Includes a complete gallery of the Iron Man armors, plus all-new schematics of key armors and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier!

Check it out at Comixology!

No comments: